Lakewood's Mission Statement is to provide our membership with superior social and recreational experiences by offering the finest staff, services, facilities, and activities.
Available Positions as of December 2017
Food & Beverage
Lakewood Country Club is seeking hardworking individuals for a la carte service. These individuals must be motivated, friendly, work well with children and have a passion for hospitality and food. Must be able to handle high volume service. Must be TABC certified. Country Club experience is a plus. Fluent English is required.
Set and clean dining room tables before, during and after meal service; assist food servers with miscellaneous tasks.
Educations and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum of one-year work experience in a fine dining environment. (Restaurant, public and private club experience may be considered)
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Follows all Club guidelines pertaining to table setting, order taking and sequence of service.
- Menu, wine and beverage knowledge.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations
- Proven ability to be consistent in required job tasks.
- Ability to consistently work scheduled shifts adhering to scheduled start and end times.
- Assists servers in their set-up, service and clean-up tasks.
- Serves water as members and guests are seated.
- Assists with service of non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages.
- Assists in carrying food trays to tables.
- Removes soiled dishes from table; brings to dish-washing area.
- Removes soiled linen and replaces with clean linen.
- Sets tables with silverware, glassware and other items.
- Cleans dining room areas.
- Wait station with supplies
- Collects trash from dining room, grill and other specified places after each serving period.
- Dusts chairs before and after meals.
- Keeps ice bins and buckets filled
- Sets-up, empties and cleans buffets.
- Cleans and stores child high chairs and booster seats.
- Collects soiled linen from dining room; transfers linen to pick-up area.
- Takes packaged take-out orders to reception desk and dining rooms for member pick-up.
- Folds napkins for tables, hand trays, and wine service.
- Cleans-up spills, broken service ware and attends to similar problems during service with minimal disruption to diners.
- Assists Dining Room Manager and other employees in assuring that the club's policies and procedures for serving alcohilic beverages are consistently followed.
- May assist banquet personnel in setting-up, serving and cleaning up after banquet functions.
- Polishes silver service items.
- Attends pre-service training (line-up meeting).
- Moves tables and chairs as needed for the next member and guest diners.
- Re-sets tables at end of shift for the next meal period.
- Assists with banquet and buffet setup.
- Performs other appropriate duties assigned
Licenses and Special Requirements
- Must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Food safety certification is required.
- TABC certification is required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch and twist or reach.
Please send applications to email@example.com. Applications may also be turned in at the Club's Main Receptionist desk.
Printable Employment Application
Applications are also available for pick-up/drop off at our Club's Main Receptionist Desk