Lakewood's Mission Statement is to provide our membership with superior social and recreational experiences by offering the finest staff, services, facilities, and activities.
Available Positions as of April 2018
Manages the general financial affairs of the Club; directs the overall financial policies and manages all financial functions including accounting, payroll, budgeting, cash management, insurance, credit, and taxes. Interacts with Board Members, Club Members, vendors and financial institutions.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies, and Expectations:
Educations and/or Experience
- Directs accounting and financial operations; responsible for Club’s accounting system, must be strong in accounting theory.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, disciplining, and terminating all accounting personnel.
- Responsible for timely and accurate financial reporting of Club operations.
- Monitors the operating results as compared to budget and works closely with the General Manager to keep costs under control.
- Reviews, updates, and develops internal control systems.
- Generates and reviews monthly GL account reconciliations, journal entries, details, and analysis.
- Verifies and reviews the preparation and filing of Federal, State and Local tax returns.
- Coordinates with outside auditors on annual audit and Federal Income Tax Returns.
- Develops, administers and monitors financial relations with banks.
- Responsible for cash management.
- Responsible for 401(k) and health insurance (self-funded) operation, with help from third-party administrators.
- Responsible for payroll function (internal).
- Helps General Manager with the development of the budget, including generation of spreadsheets and input of information into the accounting system.
- Coordinates general insurance function with outside agent.
- Facilitates Member Loan Program of the Club.
- Coordinates IT and telephone functions with outside service companies.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; Master’s degree preferred with concentration in business or administration with an accounting major, or minor, and coursework in financial analysis and auditing (CPA preferred).
- Five to seven years of professional accounting experience with at least two of those years at the Controller level or equivalent in club/hospitality operation.
- Experience supervising a staff/team of bookkeepers and accounting clerks.
- Experience overseeing information technology.
Open and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Club will offer a very competitive benefits package.
Please contact Ray De Tullio, General Manager, at RDeTullio@lakewoodcc.com or 214-240-6939.
Part-time Fitness Attendant
Lakewood Country Club is seeking a highly energetic person to work part-time at our Fitness Center. The schedule would be Fridays from 1:30pm-9:00pm, Saturdays 1:30pm-9:00pm, and Sundays 1:30pm to 8:00pm. Must be flexible on hours (mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays).
Duties include keeping the fitness center and equipment clean and operational, manage front desk and check in, track and stock supplies, coordinate with massage therapist and schedule spa treatments. Other duties might be assigned.
· Professional, well-groomed appearance (no large visible tattoos/facial piercings, or over the top hairstyles)
· Must be very customer service oriented, to take care of our Members.
· Strong command of English with the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with the supervisor, Members, management, etc.
· Must be computer literate and familiar with Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Google.
· Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel and stand for extended periods.
· Must be CPR and AED Certified
Food & Beverage
Lakewood Country Club is seeking hardworking individuals for a la carte service. These individuals must be motivated, friendly, work well with children and have a passion for hospitality and food. Must be able to handle high volume service. Must be TABC certified. Country Club experience is a plus. Fluent English is required.
Set and clean dining room tables before, during and after meal service; assist food servers with miscellaneous tasks.
Educations and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum of one-year work experience in a fine dining environment. (Restaurant, public and private club experience may be considered)
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies, and Expectations
- Follows all Club guidelines pertaining to table setting, order taking and sequence of service.
- Menu, wine and beverage knowledge.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations
- Proven ability to be consistent with required job tasks.
- Ability to consistently work scheduled shifts adhering to scheduled start and end times.
- Assists servers in their set-up, service and clean-up tasks.
- Serves water as members and guests are seated.
- Assists with service of non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages.
- Assists in carrying food trays to tables.
- Removes soiled dishes from table; brings to dish-washing area.
- Removes soiled linen and replaces with clean linen.
- Sets tables with silverware, glassware and other items.
- Cleans dining room areas.
- Wait station with supplies
- Collects trash from dining room, grill and other specified places after each serving period.
- Dusts chairs before and after meals.
- Keeps ice bins and buckets filled
- Sets-up, empties and cleans buffets.
- Cleans and stores child high chairs and booster seats.
- Collects soiled linen from dining room; transfers linen to pick-up area.
- Takes packaged take-out orders to reception desk and dining rooms for member pick-up.
- Folds napkins for tables, hand trays, and wine service.
- Cleans-up spills, broken service ware and attends to similar problems during service with minimal disruption to diners.
- Assists Dining Room Manager and other employees in assuring that the club's policies and procedures for serving alcohilic beverages are consistently followed.
- May assist banquet personnel in setting-up, serving and cleaning up after banquet functions.
- Polishes silver service items.
- Attends pre-service training (line-up meeting).
- Moves tables and chairs as needed for the next member and guest diners.
- Re-sets tables at end of shift for the next meal period.
- Assists with banquet and buffet setup.
- Performs other appropriate duties assigned
Licenses and Special Requirements
- Must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Food safety certification is required.
- TABC certification is required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch and twist or reach.
Ladies' Card Room Server
Under the direction of the Assistant Manager, the server is directly responsible for greeting the Members with a smile as they arrive to the dining area. Greeting the Member by name throughout the dining experience. First round drinks in one minute or less. Offer the wine list with every entree order. Ensuring proper food service deliver i.e. appetizers first, then soups salad and then entrees. Always serve food from left and always clear from the right. Posture should be professional at all time on the floor, remember the Members and their Guests are watching you.
Experience and Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Two years of comparable wair service experience preferred.
- The ability to read, write and excute basic math skills.
- Greet and acknowledge Members and Guests.
- Is knowledgeable about the menu, buffet and wine list.
- Ability to time the service of each course.
- Learn Members' names and their special preferences.
Licenses and Special Requirements
- Food Safety Certification
- Must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages
- Alcoholic Beverage Certification
Mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays - based on level of Club activities.
The Club offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may also be turned in at the Club's Main Receptionist desk.
Printable Employment Application
Applications are also available for pick-up/drop off at our Club's Main Receptionist Desk